Board And Batton Shutters : All Shades Of Blonde Hair : Rolldown Hurricane Shutters.
Board And Batton Shutters
- (shutter) a mechanical device on a camera that opens and closes to control the time of a photographic exposure
- (shutter) close with shutters; "We shuttered the window to keep the house cool"
- (shutter) a hinged blind for a window
- Close the <em>shutters</em> of (a window or building)
- Close (a business)
- a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
- A thin, flat, rectangular piece of wood or other stiff material used for various purposes, in particular
- a committee having supervisory powers; "the board has seven members"
- A long, thin, flat piece of wood or other hard material, used for floors or other building purposes
- The stage of a theater
- get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
board and batton shutters – Richwood Black
If you look closely you can spot my reflection!
board and batton shutters
Nina Laden’s illustrations in this simple, rhyming board book are truly magical. The format is straightforward: on alternating two-page spreads, the words “Peek a” are repeated, opposite an illustrated page with a die-cut hole, behind which lurks a cow (“MOO!”), a green ghost (“BOO!”), and a mirror (you guessed it, “YOU!”). The youngest readers will delight in trying to guess who–or what–is peeking through the window, and can easily grip the baby-fist-size holes to turn the pages for the answers. The picture of the “ZOO!” is fabulous. Through the hole, all that can be seen is a wild pattern of colors, stripes, and spots. Turn the page, and find a wild kingdom of animals, one in front of the other: peacock, zebra, penguin, cheetah, elephant, and more. Ready for more peekaboo fun? Try Nina Laden’s Ready, Set, Go! . (Baby to preschool) –Emilie Coulter